Posted by: medicblog999 | November 5, 2009

Whilst I am away….

huggingAs I write this, I am 2.5 hours away from finishing my last shift at work before heading off to San Francisco in 2 days time. I am both really excited and nervous at the same time, but also feeling a little alot guilty too.

Whilst I am away having the experience of a life time, my beautiful wife will be stuck at home, sorting everything out with the kids and our parents whilst going to work as a paramedic herself, for 6 of the 10 days that I am away. Thankfully both my Mam and Dad and Sandra’s Mam are there to help out whilst she is at work.I know that it is going to be tough for all of them, especially Sandra.

I just wanted to say infront of my readers and the EMS Blogosphere that without her (and Mams and Dad) I would not be able to go on this journey with Happy Medic. Without her, I wouldnt be the person I am today, and without her, my life would be just plain dull!!

Its true what they say, ‘behind every good man is a better woman’.

In my case, it is more so.

Every good decision I have made has been influenced by her (after discussing it with her, and then being told that I am wrong and should do it the other way!!)

It pains me to say it but she is actually right 99% of the time (but that still leaves 1% when I am right though)

 She is my conscience, my advisor, my confidant and my very best friend.

I wish she could come and experience San Francisco with me, but small children and finances come into the equation and make it virtually impossible.

I just wanted to say….

I love you, and Thank You!!

You really will never know how much it means to me that you have supported me in this project, and I wont ever forget it (Im sure you will make sure of that 😉 )

(You can finish with the vomit bowls now…..Thank you for allowing me this sloppy and slushy intermission to normal blogging!)

Advertisements

Responses

  1. Thank you Sandra.

  2. You and I both, Brother. Without my wife there isn't a chance I could do this work. No way. No how.

  3. Always nice to see others in Civil Service thank those at home that make it possible for us to do what we need to do. Well done, Mark! See you soon!

  4. AwwwwwKeep going Mrs 999 – you seem to be shaping him up quite well.

  5. AwwwwwKeep going Mrs 999 – you seem to be shaping him up quite well.

  6. AwwwwwKeep going Mrs 999 – you seem to be shaping him up quite well.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Categories

%d bloggers like this: